Similan Liveaboard Specifications
Similan Liveaboard Specifications: The Similan Liveaboard is not the biggest or the most luxurious. She is is not the fastest or slowest. She is – just right!
Throughout the boat, the cabins have air-conditioning. making for restful sleeps. The dining area is designed for creating community and a sense of family while on the trips – and look out for our evening games and activities!
At the stern is the all-important dive station where your equipment and tanks live and where there are fresh water tanks so you can rinse your computers, torches and cameras after diving. Divers only enter the water two groups at a time, so there is loads of space to kit up for your next dive, which you will do with the help of the attentive boat crew, who often seem to be everywhere at once.
The large dive platform, where all the excitement starts, has two ladders and two fresh water showers for a quick rinse after diving or swimming.
Perhaps the highlight is the sundeck. Running the full length of the boat this easily accessible split-level deck starts just four steps up from dining area, so no ladders to climb. The open-air sundeck at the bow has a collection of foam sun mattresses and is the best place for sun worshippers, panoramic views, catching the sea breeze or for stealing a quiet moment with a morning coffee while watching the sunrise.
From the hull to sundeck she is designed for diving, has lots of character and always satisfies! The crew are very experienced in the region, having worked onboard for more than 10 years. The Chef is amazing and your food is always delicious. The engines and generators are in incredible shape. A great deal of time pulling her up and overhauling her each year to make sure she is study, safe and solid!
Similan Liveaboard Specifications:
Length 26m Steel hull
Engines 2×315 HP Hino
Fuel capacity 8000 litres
Cruising speed 10 knots
Fresh Water 12,000 litres
24 hour Electricity 220 V AC; 24/12 V DC (2 x 40 KVA Generators)
Compressors 2 x electrically driven Bauer Mariner (190 l/min)
Ensuite double cabin x2.
Double Cabin Shared x2.
6-berth sea view cabins with private single bunks x 2
Boat crew 1 Captain, 1 Engineer, 1 Cook, 1 Assistant Cook, 2 Boat Boys
Dive Staff 5 Divemasters/Instructors
- CB radio
- Marine Radios
- 2x life rafts
- life jackets
- life rings
- fully stocked medical kits
- 100% oxygen kit (demand valve, DAN system)
- Tender Large Dinghy with outboard engine
All the cabins have:
Complete bedding and linens
Mains outlet 220 Volts AC – 24 hours per day
All Cruises Include :
- Full accommodation on board
- Transfers from/to meeting point in Khao Lak
- All meals, tea, coffee and fruits. Meals are served buffet style and guest may help themselves throughout the day to all snacks that are available (soft drinks and beer available for purchase)
- A Qualified Dive Instructor as your Dive Guide.
- Complete dive gear, dive computer, 12l aluminum tank, weights & belt
Similan Liveaboard Specifications: Lower Deck
1) Dive Platform
2) Stairs racks, tanks and kitting up area
3) Dive station
4) Double ensuite cabins
5) Engine Room
6) Toilets/Hot Showers
7) Air-conditioned 6 berth cabins
8) Double cabins
1) Dive Deck
2) Stairs to dive deck
9) Stairs to sundeck
10) Dining area
11) Snacks, drinks
12) Divecrew Cabins
13) Crew Cabin Captains cabin
15) Wheelhouse and Captains area
9) Stairs to Main Deck
16) The Star Deck – open air, bean bags, tables
17) Covered Sun deck, Hammocks, massive lounging area
18) Open Air sundeck – sunchairs